shopify analytics ecommerce
tracking

Whole Life And Term Life

Term Life And Whole Life Combined

Combining whole life and term insurance! Have you ever given that some thought?

The life insurance company can create a combination policy for you if that is your desire.

This idea works out pretty well for some people.


Shop And compare Insurance Rates From 100's Of Top Carriers. Save As Much As 70% In Premiums


Whole Life And Term Life Combined

Why would you combine whole life and term insurance anyway? If you use your whole life policy as a base and add the term policy you would end up with more life insurance death benefit for your dollar than had you bought whole life alone.

On the other hand you may say that if you bought term life insurance alone you would get more death benefit.

That is true but ask yourself this question, suppose you don't die within the term period would there be any money to get back. The answer is usually no, unless you buy a "return of premium term policy".

The way to set up these combination plans, whole life and term, requires some planning. If you qualify for a preferred risk policy with a top level company you may only need to buy about 25% or 30% whole life and the other 70% or 75% term insurance.

This combination will afford you a fairly decent amount of total life insurance with some cash values to assist you in the hard times.

The type of term policy you purchase would depend on your particular need, 5 or 10 year level term for short term needs and 15, 20, 25, or 30 year term policies for longer term needs.

The reason you would use a combination policy, whole and term life, is that the portion of your premium that pays for whole life accumulates cash values.

If you are unable to pay your premiums at some point in the future you can draw upon the cash value and the dividends, if any.

You can use those funds to keep the policy in force. Keep in mind, however, that it takes time to accumulate worthwhile cash values plus dividends.

It is important to also remember that, depending on the portion of premium assigned to each type of policy, your cash value may never equal your total outlay. You will have some cash for emergencies though, after a few years.

Actuaries have used similar ideas and created actual policies. If you examine the universal life policy you will find that it is a term policy combined with a saving plan.

The variable universal life insurance policy is term insurance combined with an investment and the variable life policy is whole life insurance combined with an investment portfolio.

Ask yourself what type of life insurance you need and why. Combining different types of life insurance policies may work for you.


Shop And Compare Whole Life As Well As Term Insurance Rates From 100's Of A+ Rated Carriers. Get the Best Quotes possible.


Home | Life Insurance Articles | Whole Life And Term Life Insurance

Tools And Resources

Life Insurance Need Calculator

Recent Articles

  1. Term Life Insurance Conversion - Term To Permanent Insurance

    A few years ago you purchased your term life insurance policy. You pay a very inexpensive premium. You have recently discovered that a hereditary disease will likely rear its ugly head.

    Read More

  2. Term Insurance Policies Explained - How Term Life Policies Work

    Interested in term insurance policies? Want to know how they work? Take a quick look and see which one best fits your needs. Term insurance is temporary insurance. Term policies, in other words, offer…

    Read More

  3. Term Insurance Details - Term Life Insurance Policies Explained

    Want to know how term insurance works? Want to find out which policy, term or permanent, is best for you? What I want to do here is give you a basic and general outline of term life insurance policies…

    Read More

  4. Term Insurance Quotes - Best Term Life Insurance Quotes

    Term insurance quotes from high level life insurance companies should be the order of the day for anyone seeking life insurance. There are about 2000 life insurance companies willing to sell you a pol…

    Read More

  5. Life Insurance No Exam - Life Insurance Without Physical Exam

    Want to buy some life insurance no exam required? It is much easier to get than most people think. Yes, the life insurance company protects itself but if you give them the facts you will get a good po…

    Read More